Prep 1 hr
Cook 2 mins
Typical Pizza dough. Makes 2 Pizza for a good thin crust or 1 traditional
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fast rising yeast (2 1/4 oz pack)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces lukewarm water (1 cup)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- Combine flour, yeast, salt ans sugar in a mixing bowl and stir.
- Add vegetible oil and water.
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Knead by hand for 3 minutes: shape; put in bowl; cover and let rise until double in volume.
- Punch down; divide into 2 equal pieces and shape into round balls or leave in one piece for a 16" pizza.
- Let dough rest for 4 minutes.
- Roll out approximnately 12 " or 16" diameter.
- Spray pizza pan lightly with no-stick vegetable cooking spay.
- Place on pizza pan; let rise for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add sauce, toppings and cheese.
- Place on the bottom rac in a cold oven, turn oven to 500 and bake for 17 to 20 minutes.