Recipe by Domestically Challenged
Use pita bread to make these tasty, quick and healthy snacks. They're topped with slices of cherry tomatoes and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese. And they can be served hot or room temp.
- 4 whole wheat pita breads
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 36 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using a paring knife, split the pita breads horizontally; cut each into quarters. Place on a nonstick baking sheet. Lightly brush tops of pita wedges with the oil.
- In a small bowl, combine basil, pepper, and thyme; sprinkle evenly over pita wedges. Place 2 to 3 tomato slices on each wedge. Sprinkle evenly with parmesan.
- Bake until cheese is slightly browned and bread is crisp, about 5-7 minutes.
- Using a spatula, place the wedges on a serving platter and serve immediately, or cool on a wire rack and serve at room temperature.