Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This delicious mouth watering recipe is from Chef Sanjeev Kapoor of India. Its wonderful in the cold chilly winters. I hope you enjoy this!
- 500 g boneless chicken, washed,trimmed and cut into one and half inch sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup pistachios, soaked in 1 cup of hot water for 10 minutes,then drained and peeled
- 2 large onions, peeled,washed,quartered and boiled in 1 cup of water
- 1 inch ginger, peeled,washed and ground to a fine paste
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat yogurt, beaten
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 4 -5 cloves garlic, peeled,washed and ground to a fine paste
- 4 green chilies, washed,stems removed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper powder
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the boiled onions, cool lightly and then grind to a fine paste.
- Reserve a few peeled pistachios for garnish and grind the remaining with the chopped green chillies to a fine paste, adding a little water as you do so.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the boiled onion paste and saute for 4 minutes or till the oil begins to separate.
- Ensure that the colour of the onion does not turn to brown.
- Add ginger and garlic pastes.
- Stir-fry briefly or until the raw smell of the same is gone.
- Add corriander and white pepper powders and salt to taste.
- Mix well.
- Stir in the pistachio-green chilli paste and cook for a minute.
- Add chicken pieces and saute for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat, add 1 cup of water and simmer for 4-5 minutes or till the chicken is completely cooked.
- Stir in yogurt and continue to simmer for 2 minutes,stirring occasionally.
- Stir in fresh cream.
- Sprinkle garam masala powder and serve hot with naan!