Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another recipe for Talk Like a Pirate Day. From AllRecipes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 pork chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 1⁄4 cup golden syrup
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork chops and fry on each side until browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- Pour in the liquid from the pineapple chunks, saving pineapple for later.
- Stir in the golden syrup and ketchup and season with curry powder, ginger, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, or until pork chops are tender.
- When the pork chops are tender, pour in the pineapple chunks and add the raisins. Heat through briefly, then serve.