Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Family favorite for years.
Make and share this Piquant Meatloaf recipe from Food.com.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk or 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 2⁄3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup heinz reduced sugar ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Mix first 8 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add ground beef and mix by hand just until blended.
- Place mixture on a broiler pan, and shape into a loaf.
- Bake at 350°F for one hour.
- Mix topping ingredients together.
- Top meatloaf with topping and bake an additional 15 minutes or until loaf cooked through.
Good tasting meatloaf that slices beautifully. Sauce had a tangy and sweet flavor with an unusual added ingredient nutmeg. Made for I Recommend.
Delicious! This was so easy to throw together. I was about 1/4 lb short on ground beef so I made up for it with some pureed black beans. Also, without thinking about it I baked it in a loaf pan rather than on a broiler pan. It worked out fine, I just poured off the fat once it came out of the oven. Very good - thanks!
This was good. Like the hint of nutmeg in the sauce. Made for the I Recommend Tag Game>