Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I had to whip up something for a large group, and I wanted an easy appetizer to make. I came across several recipes for pinwheels. Here is my version, they turned out so yummy I had to write down the recipe for future reference and to share with you! Believe me, they will disappear quickly! You can halve this recipe easily.
- 32 ounces cream cheese, 4 blocks, softened
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa, I use hot
- 2 (8 ounce) bagsshredded cheddar cheese, I used thick grated vs thin taco shreds
- 1 dozen burrito-size flour tortilla
- 28 ounces variety pack thinly sliced sandwich meat, Beef, Turkey, and Ham
- Using hand mixer , on low speed, mix cream cheese and sour cream together. Mixture will be slightly lumpy. Blend in salsa.
- Spread about 1/2 cup mixture evenly over a tortilla within an inch to the edge. Layer should be about 1/4" thick.
- Sprinkle about 1/2 cup cheese evenly over spread.
- Layer 1 slice at a time, using the 3 meats over the spread.
- Fold the edge of the tortilla and start rolling up the tortilla. Slice off the ends about an inch. Wrap up the rolled tortilla in plastic wrap and chill in fridge, continue until ingredients are used up. Chill 2-4 hrs before slicing. Cut into 1/2" - 1" slices.
I tried this recipe for our deck party. Everyone just loved them. I would make this one again. I would rate this one with five stars.