Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
From cooks.com -- no beets here! Think Pink! Prep time does not include boiling and chill time for potatoes.
- 6 -8 medium potatoes, boiled
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup dill pickle relish
- 2 hard-boiled eggs (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup Catalina dressing
- Several hours before serving, boil potatoes in salted water until fork tender.
- Drain and cool slightly, then peel and slice.
- Pour Catalina dressing over warm potato slices coating slices well. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator until cold.
- Add onion, pickle relish, boiled eggs and mayonnaise. Mix well and serve.
- Note: Do NOT use "salad dressing" in this recipe.
What a nice change to regular potato salad -- loved the tanginess from the catalina dressing. This salad had all the ingredients that we generally add and the catalina just added an extra flavor component. Made for the Think Pink tag game, 2015.
Pretty Pink and delicious. I love eggs in my potato salad so I added 4 eggs. Made for Think Pink 2012.
This was dreamy! A pink cloud from heaven both in presentation and tastes. This is a perfect salad for wedding showers, baby-showers, *Think Pink* get togethers and just plain fancy. I followed this exactly, I loved, loved the use of red onion here. The Catalina dressing mixed with the mayo is absolutely to pass out for. A must try for all and so delicious men-folk won't even know it's pink. :) Made for *Think Pink* October 2009