Recipe by ShortieNJ
This is a recipe from Kashi Go Lean Crunch Cereal, healthy and yummy - I'm officially a fan. I personally use vanilla soy milk and egg whites Note: preparation time allows the 1 hour to refrigerate batter.
- 2 cups kashi golean crunch cereal
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 eggs (or egg substitute)
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, save the juice (in juice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cereal, flour, oats, baking soda, and nutmeg in large mixing bowl.
- Add milk, syrup, oil, eggs, and 1/4 cup pineapple juice (from the can of crushed pineapple).
- Mix everything together thoroughly, cover batter and refrigerate at least 1 hour (or overnight). Put pineapple in separate container and refrigerate.
- Spray griddle or frying pan with nonstick spray and heat over low-medium heat.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter onto pan, top with heaping tablespoon of crushed pineapple.
- Cook about 1-2 minutes (until top is bubbly and edges start to harden) then flip and cook an additional 1-2 minutes on other side.
- Serve pineapple side up.
- Can be topped with vanilla yogurt, fruit, or maple syrup (if desired).