Recipe by Mrs.Habu
This is a quick, simple dinner. I found this in the very first issue of Real Simple magazine. Cook time is only 10 minutes if you don't make the rice.
Top Review by NoodlyNoule
Made it for supper tonight, with basmati rice. I enjoyed it, though the combination of the soy sauce, vinegar, pineapple and cilantro was a bit strange. The sweet/sour/spicy all at once was a bit overwhelming for me. My father loved it.
- 1 1⁄3 cups long-grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups thinly shredded white cabbage
- 3⁄4 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar (sushi)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup slivered fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice- follow instructions on pack.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and cabbage.
- Stir fry till cabbage is almost cooked.
- Add the shrimp and pineapple and stir-fry for 2 minutes longer, until the shrimp turns bright pink.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix together soy sauce, vinegar, and pepper flakes; pour over shrimp.
- Stir scallions and cilantro into rice.
- Serve and enjoy!