Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fresh and lively, this salsa works well on grilled fish.
- 1 cup finely diced pineapple
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 serrano chili pepper, minced
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a small bowl mix together the pineapple, pepper, chili, red onion, juice, cilantro and salt.
- Serve now or refrigerate up to two hours.
We loved this salsa. I am sure it would be great on fish, as you suggested, but it was also wonderful served with Recipe #47697 on tortillas. I have dozens of jalapenos from a friend's garden, so I subbed a jalapeno for the serrano. I used a large one and left the seeds in, so the salsa had a nice kick. I'm sure I'll be making this one again soon. :) Thanks for posting!