Recipe by dicentra
This is from my Low Carb Cookbook. I’m posting it for ZWT3. This can be put together a day ahead of time. OAMC.
- 12 ounces turkey breast tenderloins
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons rum
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest or 1 tablespoon finely chopped lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 3 plums, pitted and cut into thick slices
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks (canned can be used)
- hot cooked brown rice, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut turkey into 1 inch pieces. Place in a zip lock bag.
- For marinade, in a small bowl combine the pineapple juice, rum, brown sugar, lemon zest, and oil.
- Pour over turkey and seal bag. Place in refrigerator for 4-24 hours.
- Drain turkey, reserving marinade.
- In a small saucepan bring marinade to a boil. Boil gently, uncovered for 1 minute then remove from heat.
- On 4 12-inch metal skewers, alternately thread turkey and onion, leaving ¼ inch between pieces.
- On four additional skewers, alternately thread plums and pineapples. Brush onion and fruit with some of the marinade.
- Place kabobs on the rack of an uncovered grill. Grill until turkey is no longer pink. (Allow 12-14 minutes for turkey and about 5 minutes for the fruit.).
- Serve the turkey, onion and fruit over rice.