Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Make your own pie crust or use a refrigerated pie crust if you are in a hurry. This pie is delicious with fresh or frozen rhubarb.
- 709.77 ml chopped rhubarb (fresh or frozen)
- 2 (453.59 g) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 44.37 ml quick-cooking tapioca
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 2.46 ml grated lemon peel
- 425.24 g packagerefrigerated pie pastry (or make your own)
- In bowl, combine the rhubarb, pineapple, sugar, tapioca, lemon juice and lemon peel. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with bottom pastry.
- Add the filling.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; cut slits or make decorative cutouts in pastry. Place over filling; trim, seal and flute edges.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool. Refrigerate leftovers.
Who would have thought pineapple and rhubarb? Delicious! the pie held together great when cut and was the perfect consistancy. I did use quite a bit less sugar but I find that I have to do that with rhubarb recipes a lot. This is a really great pie. I love the flavours. Thanks! Reviewed during ZWT 4.