Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
This recipe caused quite a stir a few months ago. My grandmother made it once, and then forgot about it completely. My brother recently had a craving for it and called for the recipe. No one seemed to remember it. I searched and searched my recipes until I finally found it. In the interest of never losing it again, I’m posting it here.
- 1 cup coarsly crushed pretzel
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a bowl, combine pretzels, butter and 1/2 cup sugar. Press into a 13 x 9 x 2 baking pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 7 minutes. Cool.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until creamy. Fold in pineapple and remaining sugar until creamy. Fold in pineapple and whipped topping; chill until serving. Break pretzel mixture into small pieces; stir into pineapple mixture.
LOVE this recipe! I make it exactly as the recipe states, and it is so good!!
My friend included this as part of a meal she brought me after our baby was born. She used 2 cups of fresh strawberries instead of the pineapples. It was great and has become one of my childrens favorite salads. They ask for it alot !