Recipe by SusieQusie
From Paula Deen – a cake with all the goodies that she loves to use in her dishes ( minus the mayonnaise ) ;-)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup coconut flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour a 9-inch by 13-inch cake pan.
- In a bowl, combine the cake mix, milk, eggs, oil and pecans. Stir until just moistened, then beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- When the cake is done, prick the top all over with a fork. Pour the pineapple and juice over the hot cake. Let cool.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the toppings by stirring together the pudding mix and milk then beating in the cream cheese, a few small pieces at a time.
- Whip the cream with the sugar until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate while cake cools.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over the crushed pineapple then cover the cake with whipped cream. Garnish with pecans and coconut.
- Refrigerate. (She says that the longer it sits, the better it tastes.).