Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from a Taste of Nova Scotia. Sounds delicious! Posted for ZWT 2006
- 5 cups water
- 3 -4 tea bags (such as orange pekoe)
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 (1 1/3 liter) can pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar or 1⁄4 cup honey, to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Put water, tea bags and mint in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Strain and dicard tea bags and mint. Reserve liquid.
- Comine pineapple juice, sugar or honey, vanilla and reserved tea liquid.
- Serve over ice.
I had a bunch of mint that was about to go waste due to a menu change mid-week. My husband & I really enjoyed this iced tea, it was very simple to make & a pleasure to drink.
Oh, this was so good! Never would have thought to put iced tea with pineapple but it does work well. Cut the recipe in half and served it on a really hot night. Loved the hint of mint. Made for the Babes of ZWT4.
This is very different. One of my partner wanted a recipe for iced tea and I found this one and I decided to try it. For me, it was too sweet. Another time I will omit the sugar or maybe reduce it a lot. But this is very refreshing and a nice taste. Thanks Susie. Made for the Babes of ZWT4