Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I don't generally like jello salads, but this one is different. It came from my grandma and she probably got it when the jello salads were really popular in the 50's and 60's. Mom serves this at christmas
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained & reserved
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 (1/2 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- 2 (6 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup celery
- 1 cup pecans
- Heat liquid, add jello and cool.
- Mix cream cheese and milk until smooth.
- Add chopped celery, pineapple and nuts. Fold into slightly thickened jello and cool.