Lime Pineapple Salad
photo by Seasoned Cook
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 15mins
- 2 (3 ounce) packages lime gelatin powder (jello)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 (3 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounce) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- Dissolve packages of lime gelatin mix in 2 cups boiling water, remove from heat and stir well. Add 2 cups cold water and stir.
- Place gelatin mixture in a medium size bowl and allow to get cold in refrigerator. When gelatin mixture is slightly beginning to set around edges of bowl (test frequently -- you do not want it to completely set) remove from refrigerator.
- (To insure cream cheese is soft enough I microwave it for 20 seconds.) With an electric mixer beat softened cream cheese in a separate bowl and add small amounts by tablespoons into gelatin while beating. Add mayonaise.
- By hand, stir in drained pineapple, marshmallows and pecans. Pour into a 2 or 3 quart pyrex dish or plastic container and place in refrigerator. Let mixture get completely cold for at least 4-5 hours before serving.
- May be dipped out of container or served cut in squares topping a lettuce leaf.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Thanks for taking the time to stop by My Page! I am married to a quiet, but fun loving guy who cleans up the kitchen!! I have grandchildren who I adore. I am retired from being a paralegal and a real estate agent. I have also been a substitute teacher for the elementary grades in the public school system. All of my recipes are the tried and true type. Many of them have come from my 48 years of cooking, my mother's recipe box or other relatives. I like Taste of Home magazine and I am a big fan of foodnetworkTV. I am a southern girl and enjoy comfort foods!!! I am a big cookbook collector and have been for years. I enjoy baking desserts most of all. I also enjoy games on my laptop, growing flowers, lunches with friends, babysitting grandchildren, photography and traveling. Since life is so short I try to count my blessings each day and give to the less fortunate. I had gotten into a rut on what to cook. Therefore, I am so happy I found the Recipezaar site. Pet Peeve: People with a negative attitude. MY RATING SYSTEM: 5 stars - Excellent in taste. May have minor change. 4 stars - Adjustment in ingredients for flavor. 3 stars - Fair, but not sure whether I would repeat. 2 and 1 stars - I do NOT give. Zaar EVENTS IN WHICH I PARTICIPATED: Aus/NZ Swaps #15,#16 April, May 2008 Aus/NZ Swaps #20#21#22 Sept Oct Nov 2008</p>