Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
To use as a glaze or basting suace for Ham with Pineapple Honey Adobo Glaze: Brush the warmed glaze over the roast or ham during the last 30 to 40 minutes of roasting, basting every 10 minutes or so. The remaining glaze can be simmered to thicken and served as a side sauce.
- 1 cup honey
- 1 (10 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 -2 chipotle chile in adobo, diced to taste
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (use more to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- pineapple ring (to garnish) (optional)
- Place all ingredients, except salt, in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Add salt and adjust to taste. Add additional chipotle and adobo sauce for a more fiery taste.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, simmer the sauce until lightly thickened.