Recipe by mollypaul
A quirky twist on regular enchiladas that would suit the fans of pineapple-topped pizza very well. Flour tortillas are filled with pineapple, sour cream and Cheddar cheese, then baked in an enchilada sauce and more cheese.
Top Review by LoriLions
I increased the sour cream to 1/2 c. I used 1 c. of Mexican cheddar cheese that I mixed into the pineapple and 1 c. of a colby, cheddar, jack mix ontop. (I was using what I had on hand not trying to change the recipe.) My can of enchilada sauce was 15 oz. and a little spicy so I added 1/2 c. pineapple juice to it and cooked it in a sauce pan to thicken the sauce. I ended up making only 4 tortillas. In the end, I think plain cheddar cheese would be too boring and I liked the kick from the Mexican cheese mix. I could also taste a hint of pineapple in the enchilada sauce. YUMMY! This was so good! I loved it and will definitely make it again!
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce, divided (Gebhardt's Chili Gravy, store bought, or your own recipe)
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375F (190 degrees C) and spray a 13 x 9 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine pineapple, sour cream and 1 cup cheese.
- Pour 1/4 cup enchilada sauce in the bottom of baking pan.
- Fill tortillas with pineapple mixture, roll and place in baking dish.
- Pour on remaining enchilada sauce and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.