Recipe by alijen
I had this for lunch the other afternoon and it was amazing- we had ham sandwiches with it. Ham, sliced pineapple, a little more mustard (for me), and some lettuce is all you need. Or, enjoy this bread with some butter for a quick snack or brunch. I haven't made it, but this is the recipe my friend provided, and it looks really easy. She says to only used canned pineapple, not fresh, or else the bread will be mushy. Oh, and I promise there is only a hint of Dijon, so don't get scared!
- 3⁄4 cup warm water
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour
- 1⁄4 cup semolina
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all of the ingredients into the pan of your bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Program the machine for basic bread, light crust, and press Start.
- Check the dough's consistency about 7 minutes after the kneading cycle begins, adding additional water or flour to form a soft, smooth ball of dough.
- Allow the machine to complete its cycle.
- Note, this makes one, 1 1/2 pound loaf.
- Cool the loaf completely before serving.