Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
I love cheesecake, and I found this gives the rich flavor a nice tropical, light, unique flavor. A nice island twist on cheesecake - what could be better? Hope you enjoy.
- 1 1⁄3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted*
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice, well-drained
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange rind
- Heat oven to 325°F
- Combine all crust ingredients in small bowl. Press crumb mixture evenly onto bottom of ungreased 9-inch springform pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- Combine 1 cup sugar and cream cheese in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy (3 to 4 minutes).
- Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition (1 minute).
- Add sour cream, 1 cup coconut and drained pineapple. Continue beating, scraping bowl often, until well mixed (1 minute).
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into prepared crust.
- Bake for 70 to 90 minutes or until set 2 inches from edge of pan.
- Sprinkle top with 1/4 cup toasted coconut.
- Turn off oven; leave cheesecake in oven 2 hours.
- Loosen sides of cheesecake from pan by running knife around inside of pan. Cover; refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle with remaining toasted coconut and orange peel, enjoy!
Made this cheesecake for Easter. It was delicious. The pineapple and coconut don't "take over" the flavor of the cheesecake........they add just a hint of "tropical delight"!! Very nice.