Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
A really good cookie..frosting just sets them off
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place Crisco and sugar in large bowl, beat on low speed until creamed, about 30 seconds. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each--about 1 minute.
- Add the pineapple and beat 15 seconds to mix in, turn off the machine.
- In small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and baking powder and salt.
- Stir in the dry ingredients to batter with wooden spoon. Fold in walnuts.
- Drop the batter on baking sheets, bake until set and beginning to brown, about 8 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from oven and cool on wire rack.
- To prepare FROSTING.
- Sift powdered sugar into a large bowl. Place butter in pan over medium heat and Stir and cook until butter melts and browns.
- Remove the pan from heat, stir in pineapple juice and vanilla and pour the liquid mix over sugar, whisking till smooth.
- Frost cookies.
These were very good.Not very sweet ,but the frosting was great.My husband liked them.Thanks