Frosted Pineapple Cookies
I got this out of a magazine years ago and have yet to make it.
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3 tbsp juice.
- Set pineapple aside.
- Set juice aside for frosting.
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg, mix well.
- Add pineapple and vanilla, mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir into creamed mixture.
- Drop by tsp 2" apart on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325° for 17-20 minutes.
- Remove and cool on wire racks.
- Frosting -- Combine powdered sugar with just enough reserved juice to get a smooth spread.
- Frost cookies when cool.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made these for my first ever cookie swap. They were a huge hit. People liked the cakiness and the slightly sweet flavor. Everyone was surprised that they contained pineapple because the flavor of the pineapple wasn't overly strong but rather subtle and enjoyable. I frosted them with a caramel frosting. Not very pretty since it was the same color as the cookies but delicious anyway.Reply
see 9 more