Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Taken on Food Network. It seems to be yummy and I'll probably try it soon :)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 ounce orange liqueur
- Cointreau liqueur
- 1⁄2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- turbinado sugar, for the rim (optional)
- fresh wedges pineapple
- maraschino cherry
- Chill a martini glass in the freezer. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the pineapple juice, vodka, orange liqueur, and lime juice. Cover and shake vigorously, until combined and chilled, about 30 seconds. (In general, by the time the shaker mists up the drink is ready.).
- Scatter some turbinado sugar onto a small plate, wet the rim of the glass and dip into sugar. Strain the drink into the chilled glass. Skewer the pineapple and cherry and drop into the cocktail. Cheers.
Nice and tropical, with a great citrus twist! This was my TGIF drinkie-poo, and I'm glad I saved it for Friday! Sorry, but I was out of turbinado sugar...Thanks for sharing a great cocktail, Boomette!
A very pretty drink when crowned with the turbinado sugar. But alas, I'm yet not a fan of the Grand Marnier that I used. I added the ice cubes back to the drink to help me out and it just got better with every sip. Made for *Comfort Cage Summer 2009* game my theme was *Hawaiian Nights Adults Only* QI: Pineapple Juice
Loved it! I thought the amounts of the ingredients were exactly right and the fresh lime juice was a nice touch.