Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This uses crushed pineapple and cottage cheese! The recipe comes from my grandmother who got it from a woman named Lynn Chung (whom she worked with at UCI Med Center). For the gelatin, her notes say that orange gelatin tastes especially good in this pie. Cook time is chill time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons gelatin (flavored or unflavored)
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 2 cups crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crusts
- Dissolve sugar in juice over low heat.
- Soften gelatin in water.
- Mix the sugar mixture together with the gelatin mixture and chill until partially set.
- Add the pineapple, cottage cheese, and whipped cream and pour into the graham cracker crust.
- Chill overnight or until completely set.