- 4 cups shredded carrots
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained,reserving juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, toss together carrots, cabbage, pineapple and walnuts and set the mixture aside.
- In small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, pepper and reserved pineapple juice.
- Whisk to combine and then pour the dressing over the mixed vegetables.
- Toss gently to coat and then cover and refrigerate the salad for 2-24 hours.