Recipe by SilentCricket
If you like pineapple with your ham or for breakfast, have I got a recipe for you...Give this recipe a whirl!
Top Review by jdoe
This was really yummy and quick to put together. I made it as written other than making a half-recipe instead of full quantity. I used plain old whole wheat, store-bought, sandwich bread. Had my doubts about using it for something like this, but it tasted great. I bet it would be even better with a better quality bread. This reminds me of bread pudding in taste and texture, but not quite as wet/custardy as a true bread pudding. This made a very enjoyable breakfast partnered with some soy sausage and fresh fruit. Thank you for contributing such a great recipe!
- 1⁄4 lb butter, melted
- 6 slices bread, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten well
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put cubed bread into a greased 2-quart casserole dish.
- Add sugar to beaten eggs; add pineapple and stir well.
- Add melted butter and mix again.
- Pour mixture over bread cubes and stir to coat well.
- Bake for 40-60 minutes.
- This casserole is good with ham or served as a breakfast casserole.