Recipe by Denise in da Kitchen
Although I can't remember who's recipe this is, it won first prize at the Pennsylvania State Fair one year. (Prep time is approximate)
- 3 1⁄3 cups cake flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 4 medium chopped ripe bananas (2 cups)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice, undrained
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 (1 lb) package powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 3 round 9-inch cake pans.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in large bowl.
- Add oil and eggs.
- Stir until all dry ingredients are moistened; DO NOT BEAT.
- Stir in bananas, 1 cup pecans, the vanilla and pineapple.
- Divide batter evenly among pans.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
- Fill layers and frost side and top of cake with Cream Cheese Frosting.
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:.
- Beat cream cheese and butter in large bowl on medium speed until smooth.
- Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla until light and fluffly.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup pecans on top of frosted cake.
- Cut cake using sharp knife.
- Refrigerate any remaining cake.