Denise in da Kitchen's Note:
Although I can't remember who's recipe this is, it won first prize at the Pennsylvania State Fair one year. (Prep time is approximate)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/3 cups cake flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 4 medium chopped ripe bananas (2 cups)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice, undrained
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease and flour 3 round 9-inch cake pans.
- 3Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in large bowl.
- 4Add oil and eggs.
- 5Stir until all dry ingredients are moistened; DO NOT BEAT.
- 6Stir in bananas, 1 cup pecans, the vanilla and pineapple.
- 7Divide batter evenly among pans.
- 8Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 9Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans.
- 10Cool completely on wire racks.
- 11Fill layers and frost side and top of cake with Cream Cheese Frosting.
- 12CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:.
- 13Beat cream cheese and butter in large bowl on medium speed until smooth.
- 14Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla until light and fluffly.
- 15Sprinkle 1/2 cup pecans on top of frosted cake.
- 16Cut cake using sharp knife.
- 17Refrigerate any remaining cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineanna Nut Cake
Serving Size: 1 (2906 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 10440.5
- Calories from Fat 4751
- Total Fat 527.9 g
- Saturated Fat 152.3 g
- Cholesterol 1128.0 mg
- Sodium 5141.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1384.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 38.7 g
- Sugars 945.2 g
- Protein 95.5 g