Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a recipe I got from a friend of my mother's. It is a very light and tasty variation on standard pasta salad. The pine nuts add a rich hearty flavor. The recipe is very versatile; you can add more veggies or remove them and it would still be delicious. This is the variation I like best.
- 1 1⁄2 ounces unroasted pine nuts (can get at most grocery stores or organic markets)
- 1 (8 ounce) bag small shell pasta
- 1 (14 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 20 grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Cook the pasta shells until done to desired firmness.
- Drain pasta, running under cold water until pasta is cool.
- Slice 4 or 5 artichoke hearts into small pieces.
- Slice the grape tomatoes in halves (or smaller if desired).
- Add pasta, olives (drained), artichoke hearts, and tomatoes into a large bowl.
- Slowly mix in 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours until cold.