Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
I got this out of my local paper. It's a featured entree' at a local B&B, The Inn at Evans Mill.
- 20 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5 ounces wheel boursin cheese
For the crust
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin is best for flavor, but any will substitute or 3 tablespoons even butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herb, of your choice
- garlic granules
For Roast Red Pepper Sauce
- 3 -4 roasted red peppers, seeded, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon chicken base or 1 teaspoon bouillon
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes (depends on your heat preference)
- 1 dash hot sauce (depends on your heat preference)
- salt and pepper
- Lay chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap on a flat surface. With a mallet or bottom of a small sauté pan, pound the breasts until they are thinner, but without tearing holes in them.
- Divide the wheel of Boursin cheese between the four breasts. One at a time, roll the chicken around the cheese, shaping into a log form. Place in pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- While chicken is chilling, prepare the crust ingredients in three separate bowls.
- 1. Flour and salt and pepper to taste
- 2. Egg and heavy cream, combined well
- 3. Bread crumbs, pine nuts, olive oil, herbs, salt, pepper and granulated garlic
- Prepare a baking sheet and spray with non-stick coating.
- Remove chicken and begin the breading procedure.
- One breast at a time, place in the flour mixture and coat well. Shake off excess.
- Place in the egg mixture and coat well. Let excess drain off.
- Place in breadcrumbs and coat well, making sure to close up the ends and any seams well. Place on baking sheet and repeat with the remaining breasts.
- Bake at 350ºF for approximately 30 minutes. Internal temperature should read 140ºF on a probe thermometer, or until golden brown and cheese is trying to escape.
- While chicken is baking, prepare red pepper sauce.
- Combine all ingredients in saucepan and simmer over low to medium heat for 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and puree mixture with hand-held mixer or in food processor. Season to taste.