1 hr 30 mins
I got this out of my local paper. It's a featured entree' at a local B&B, The Inn at Evans Mill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the crust
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin is best for flavor, but any will substitute or 3 tablespoons even butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herb, of your choice
- garlic granules
For Roast Red Pepper Sauce
- 3 -4 roasted red peppers, seeded, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon chicken base or 1 teaspoon bouillon
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes (depends on your heat preference)
- 1 dash hot sauce (depends on your heat preference)
- salt and pepper
- 1Lay chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap on a flat surface. With a mallet or bottom of a small sauté pan, pound the breasts until they are thinner, but without tearing holes in them.
- 2Divide the wheel of Boursin cheese between the four breasts. One at a time, roll the chicken around the cheese, shaping into a log form. Place in pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3While chicken is chilling, prepare the crust ingredients in three separate bowls.
- 41. Flour and salt and pepper to taste
- 52. Egg and heavy cream, combined well
- 63. Bread crumbs, pine nuts, olive oil, herbs, salt, pepper and granulated garlic
- 7Prepare a baking sheet and spray with non-stick coating.
- 8Remove chicken and begin the breading procedure.
- 9One breast at a time, place in the flour mixture and coat well. Shake off excess.
- 10Place in the egg mixture and coat well. Let excess drain off.
- 11Place in breadcrumbs and coat well, making sure to close up the ends and any seams well. Place on baking sheet and repeat with the remaining breasts.
- 12Bake at 350ºF for approximately 30 minutes. Internal temperature should read 140ºF on a probe thermometer, or until golden brown and cheese is trying to escape.
- 13While chicken is baking, prepare red pepper sauce.
- 14Combine all ingredients in saucepan and simmer over low to medium heat for 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and puree mixture with hand-held mixer or in food processor. Season to taste.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pine Nut Encrusted-Boursin Stuffed Chicken W/Roasted Red Pepper
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 869.8
- Calories from Fat 461
- Total Fat 51.2 g
- Saturated Fat 21.6 g
- Cholesterol 243.7 mg
- Sodium 544.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 46.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers