Cook1 hr 25 mins
This is a divine recipe that I found on the Shugary Sweets website. It makes an impressive presentation, so it's great for an occasional treat or for a special occasion.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons rum flavoring
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon rum flavoring
- 1 cup sweetened coconut (toasted)
- To toast the coconut, preheat oven to 225°F Place coconut on a baking sheet, and place in a 225° oven. Bake for 20-30 minutes, turning every ten minutes until golden brown. Set aside.
- Increase oven temperature to 325°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until creamy. Add sugar and rum flavoring, beating until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Slowly add flour mixture to the large mixing bowl, alternating with sour cream until fully mixed. Fold in crushed pineapple.
- Pour batter into a well greased and floured bundt pan. Bake at 325° for 85-90 minutes. (NOTE: This makes a very tall cake that will puff up above the top of your pan. It’s okay.).
- Remove bundt pan from oven and allow to cool about 15 minutes in pan. Invert onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- For the glaze, whisk the milk, powdered sugar and rum flavoring until smooth. Drizzle on cooled cake and immediately sprinkle toasted coconut on top of the glaze.