Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I am unsure where I got this recipe from. I absolutely love this. You can play with different 'tropical' fruits.
- 18 1⁄2 ounces yellow cake mix, use
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or amount on box)
- 15 ounces cream of coconut, divided
- 8 ounces pineapple, crushed
- 8 ounces maraschino cherries
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- 3 ounces French vanilla instant pudding
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, 1/2 can cream of coconut, oil (according to boxed cake mix), eggs, pineapple, maraschino cherries, and rum extract.
- Mix at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into well greased 13x9 pan.
- Bake 35 - 40 minutes. Cool.
- With skewer, poke holes in cake about 1 inch apart, almost to bottom of cake.
- Pour remaining coconut cream over cake.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Mix cool whip and 1/2 of 3 ounce box of french vanilla pudding.
- Mix well and spread over cake.
- Keep refrigerated.