I love crockpot cooking & have posted 2 other recipes today I thought were special. This is the last & looks so good to me, but I'll probably never be able to make it here in Iceland for lack of the pina colada drink mix I've never seen. This would surely be for a special occasion & the directions look a little labor intensive to me, but I hope someone not intimidated, but equally intrigued will try this just so I'll know whether it's truly as good as it appears it should be. Prep time was a pure guess & did not include cooking time. NOTE: Despite several tries, I wasn't able to correct or delete the word powdered from the drink mix ingredient. This is a frozen liquid.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb loaf French bread
- 10 ounces frozen Pina Colada mix
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup cream of coconut
- 2 large bananas (sliced crossway)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup light rum
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel (grated)
- fresh mint sprig
- 1With a sharp knife, peel crust from bread & save for another use. Cut bread into 1 inch cubes & set aside.
- 2In blender or food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine 1/2 of the following ingredients: Drink mix, pineapple juice, evaporated milk, cream of coconut & banana slices. Process till pureed & pour puree into a 6-cup bowl.
- 3Puree remaining 1/2 of liquid ingredients & banana slices as well as eggs & liqueur.
- 4Combine both purees & set aside.
- 5Combine raisins & crushed pineapple + the juice & set aside.
- 6Place about 2/3 of bread cubes in slow cooker, sprinkle with 1/2 tsp grated lemon peel & spread 1 cup of the raisin-pineapple mixture over bread in slow cooker.
- 7Top with remaining bread cubes, then with remaining 1/2 tsp lemon peel & raisin-pineapple mixture.
- 8Pour pureed ingredients into slow-cooker. Cover & cook on low 6 hours
- 9TO SERVE: Divide pudding into 8-10 dessert dishes & serve hot. Garnish with fresh mint sprigs for that extra touch.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pina Colada Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 779.5
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 82.0 mg
- Sodium 1064.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 137.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 24.9 g
- Protein 28.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen Pina Colada mix