Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are so good. They go great with the Ham and Greens Pot Pie I have posted (Ham-And-Greens Pot Pie With Cornbread Crust).
- 1⁄2 cup white cornmeal mix
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (7 ounce) jar pimientos, chopped
- Combine first 3 ingredients; make a well in the center of mixture. Add eggs and buttermilk to cornmeal mixture, stirring just until moistened
- Add cheese and diced pimientos, stir.
- Heat oven to 450° and place cast-iron miniature corn stick pans in oven; heat 5 minutes or until hot. Remove pans from oven, and coat with vegetable cooking spray. Spoon the batter into hot pans.
- Bake at 450° for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans immediately.