Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Pimento cheese is a southern thing. It is available in the dairy case almost everywhere here. Problem is, there are as many versions as there are cooks. Wait! I guess that isn't really a problem, but I just couldn't find one that suited our tastes perfectly until I started tweaking one my daughter liked a lot. The addition of shrimp makes it a bit more substantial and attractive to northerners, too! I recommend using Duke's mayo if you are lucky enough to be able get it. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 85.04 g cream cheese, softened
- 473.18 ml shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 78.07 ml mayonnaise
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 56.69 g diced pimentos, drained
- 12 medium shrimp or 6 large shrimp, steamed, cooled, peeled and finely chopped
- Beat the cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; add the cheddar cheese and continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Beat in mayonnaise and garlic powder; stir in pimento and chopped shrimp.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.