1/3 Photos of Pigs in a Blanket (Blankies from Scratch)
I have been using this recipe for blanketed piggies since I first came across it almost 15 years ago from either my sister or my grade 9 home economics class. I'm so glad I have it since it's so hard to find a blanket recipe from scratch! I can cover a typical Canadian package of 12 hot dogs with this recipe.
My Private Note
Pigs In ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- 2Mix in the butter/margarine and milk.
- 3On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to desired thickness and as wide as the hot dogs to be wrapped are.
- 4Wrap the individual hot dogs or sausages in their own blanket.
- 5Bake at 425°F for about 10 minutes or until slightly brown.
- 6*If you get to the end of the dough, yet still have more hot dogs left without blankets, it's easy just to roll the wrapped hot dogs between your hand and your work surface to make their blanket thinner, that way you can cut off the excess dough off from either side of the hot dog and combine the ends and roll out another strip of blanket. Maybe you'd like to consider adding a bit of cheese inside the blanket for added flavor.
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pigs in a Blanket (Blankies from Scratch)
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.2
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 52.7 mg
- Sodium 1174.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 10.3 g