Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
I personally wasn't a fan of this cake, but the people I made it for loved it. I even left out the powdered sugar because I thought it was too sweet already, and I didn't get any complaints. I know Paula Deen makes a version of this cake. Recipe courtesy of Favorites from Cole's Cooks, Cole Community Church, Boise Idaho and Karen Barnes. Her sister-in-law in Oklahoma City gave her the recipe, and it is called pig cake because everyone makes a pig of oneself eating it. Serving size is estimated.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces butter recipe cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 ounces instant vanilla pudding
- 10 ounces Cool Whip
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple
- 1 cup coconut
- Beat together cake mix, butter, oil, and eggs. Add mandarin oranges with juice.
- This makes 3 cake layers. Bake all 3 layers for 50 minutes at 350 and cool completely.
- For the icing, mix all ingredients together and let set for a few minutes before spreading. Keep in refrigerator.