Recipe by cfletcher
Yum.....easy, fast and delicious comfort food. These are a regular item on our menu that take very little effort for a great reward ! I came home dog tired tonight and the last thing on my mind was dinner, but had these on the table in 30 minutes! Not bad for a Monday night dinner !
- 1 lb pierogi, frozen (potato and bacon, cheese and bacon, etc.)
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 sausages, spicy
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large pan of water to boiling.
- When the water boils, add the pierogies.
- Cook the frozen pierogies for approximately 10 - 15 minutes. They will float to the top when ready.
- Drain and set aside.
- While the water is heating, cook 3 slices of bacon until crisp.
- Drain on a paper towel then cut up finely.
- Reserve the oil from the bacon.
- Fry the sausages in the oil until done - about 10 - 15 minutes on medium heat.
- Remove the sausages and set aside but keep warm.
- Add the pierogies to the oil and fry for approximately 10 minutes. Add the onion and bacon 1/2 way through.
- Turn the pierogies frequently, they should start to get a bit crisp from the oil.
- Serve pierogies and sausages with bits of fried onion, bacon and top with sour cream.
- Yum !