Prep 35 mins
Cook 45 mins
For the potato lover in everyone!
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 6-8 medium potatoes
- 473.18 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 118.29 ml margarine
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml garlic salt
- 500 g ricotta cheese
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 59.14 ml oil
- 0 small onion
- 177.44 ml chopped cooked bacon
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- Boil potatoes, then mash them together with the margarine, marble cheese, and salts.
- Mix the ricotta cheese with the parmesean, egg, and garlic powder.
- Alternate 3 noodles, then cheese mixture, 3 noodles, then potatoes. 3 noodles on top.
- Saute onions with the oil & bacon in small pan. pour over top layer of noodles.
- Bake covered at 375 for 45 minutes. Let sit 15 minutes before serving.
We really enjoyed this recipe. I didn't have any ricotta and only 1 cup cottage cheese so I added 1 cup sour cream also with a big more parm and asiago cheese. For the top layer we used butter instead of the oil but next time I think we will leave off because the bacon and its own grease would have been enough.
Great recipe! This tastes just like a pierogi! My whole family loves them and they love this too.Make sure that you cover it when you bake it though. I misread the directions and left it uncovered and the top layer of noodles was very....crispy. Other than my mistake, it was fabulous!!!!This is a definate make again recipe!