1/2 Photos of Picnic Pasta Salad -- One Dish Meal
A terrific, portable, one-dish meal made from items you probably have in your pantry and fridge. Good for a packed lunch when you don't want sandwiches (just keep it chilled in the cooler), or good for a cold meal at home on a hot day. Best made the night before.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g macaroni, cooked and cooled (or other preferred pasta)
- 236.59-473.18 ml diced ham (ham you cut from a real ham is leaner than lunch meat ham or other processed ham products)
- 226.79 g diced mozzarella cheese or 226.79 g diced swiss cheese or 226.79 g diced provolone cheese
- 59.14 ml minced sweet onion (optional)
- 453.59 g frozen green beans, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 4-6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 340.19 g marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1Mix all salad ingredients together in a large bowl.
- 2Whisk dressing ingredients together until smooth and well-blended.
- 3Toss salad ingredients with dressing until well-blended.
- 4Let sit, refrigerated, at least 4-6 hours, preferably overnight.
- 5Note: Additional vegetables can be added substituted if desired. Frozen broccoli florets or chopped cucumber are particularly good. But if you add a lot of extra veggies you might need an extra half batch of dressing.
- 6Note: It is not necessary to thaw the frozen veggies if making it the night before.
- 7Note: Fresh beans, snapped to size, can be used raw for a crisper texture or they can be blanched and cooled first.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Picnic Pasta Salad -- One Dish Meal
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 490.2
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 126.7 mg
- Sodium 563.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 22.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: