Recipe by Sue Lau
Great for picnics, potlucks, barbecues, and having on hand to go with sandwiches and other things. Add parmesan or diced salami as an option.
Top Review by always gluten free
awesome pasta salad - went together easy and is DELICIOUS! We skipped the celery and added more olives, a whole pepper and whole zucchini. Also since it was dinner I added cheese cubes and pepperoni. It was so good - thanks for sharing!
For the Salad
- 2 cups pasta, uncooked
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped red onion
For the Dressing
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon dry basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta and drain; allow to cool.
- Combine vegetables in a salad bowl. Gently mix the cooled pasta with the vegetables.
- In a small bowl comine ingredients for dressing; pour over salad and mix well.
- Allow salad to refrigerate for several hours to develop the best flavor before serving.