Recipe by Chef on the coast
I got this recipe from my Mother-in-law. This is by far the best potato salad I've ever had! I believe she got it from a very good family friend. This is always a staple at any summertime gathering. It goes fast! Times are approximate.
- 5 lbs red potatoes
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup Italian dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup mustard
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 9 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and diced (4 in salad, rest for garnish on top)
- 1⁄2 cup dill pickle relish
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice potatoes. Cook until tender; drain.
- Put into large bowl.
- Add onions and Italian dressing; toss to coat.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard and salt in small bowl; pour over potatoes; toss to coat.
- Add celery, eggs and relish; toss lightly.
- Slice remaining eggs.
- Garnish top of salad.
- Sprinkle with paprika.