This recipe keeps for two weeks in the refrigerator. Use as an unusual brunch dish or as a first course. I prefer the Atlantic salmon. It is slightly fattier and more full-bodied in taste and texture than Pacific salmon. It also does not have a fishy smell as sometimes the Pacific salmon does. It is generally more expensive than the Pacific varieties.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large non-aluminum saucepan, combine all the ingredients except the salmon.
- 2Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 3Lower heat, add salmon to liquid and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- 4Remove salmon to a serving dish and strain liquid.
- 5Pour the strained liquid back over the salmon. Chill before serving. Serves 6 to 8.
- 6Impossible Pie.Recipes Compiled by Lucy Waverman for the Hospital for Sick Children Centre.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pickled Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 504.1
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 133.7 mg
- Sodium 533.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 45.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: