Recipe by JoyfulCook
A delightfully tangy pickle especially served with cheese or in a sandwich or tossed in a salad
- 1 kg cucumber
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar, White
- 2 -3 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, large
- 200 g salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the water, vinegar, sliced garlic and coriander seeds into a small saucepan and bring to the boil, simmer for 10 minutes and leave to cool.
- Slice the Cucumbers to about 1/3rd inches thick (I used a slicer to make sure they were all the same thickness) place in a plastic bowl and sprinkle the salt in layers over the cucumber.
- cover and leave for at least 4 hours stirring every so often - this dehydrates the slices (and forces the water out of the cucumber)) this is d one so that the vinegar will penetrate easily.
- Rinse the cucumber 3 times, changing the water completely every time. Leave to drain and dry off.
- Pack into sterile glass jars carefully and pour in the liquid, spooning in the garlic and coriander seeds. Seal and leave in a cupboard for one to two weeks. Serve and enjoy.