Quick Pickled Cucumber and Ginger
Posted for ZWT'06 Cook time is the marinade time.
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 15mins
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1 cucumber, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped or sliced
- Mix water, vinegar and sugar in a bowl until the sugar has dissolved.
- Mix in the cucumber, ginger and onion.
- Refrigerate for several hours until ready to serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Delicious. The ginger flavor really got into the onion. Used splenda and the sweetness offset the tartness of the vinegar, though I might cut down on the splenda next time as it was a tad sweet. Can use with more than one cucumber.. Chunked the cucumber. This was great even the next day. Spooned a bit of the dressing over tomato wedges very good.