Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my dad's recipe. They can be eaten right out of the jar, but they also work well in many recipes.
- Bring vinegar, water and spices to a boil.
- Add garlic and bring back to a boil.
- Pour into clean, sterilized jars.
- Seal tight and store in cool place.
- Keep sealed for 3 weeks before using to get best flavor.
- * Separating garlic into cloves and soaking them for 2 or 3 hours (or overnight) makes the outer skin easier to remove.
I havnt tried mine yet but they smelled fabulous while I was cooking them, and look beautiful in the jars. cant wait to try. 3 weeks is going to be hard.
I made these back in January as holiday gifts for my co-workers, giving each a 1 cup jar. I just opened mine today, and all I can say is "Wow". The raw garlic bite has really been tamed down, and a really nice heat from the chili flakes has taken it's place. It's slow to start, but lingers on the tongue. These will be perfect to serve on an antipasto platter, or as part of a cocktail. Thanks for a great recipe!
My son and I love this. My hubby doesn't like me eating them right before bed though. I found peeled garlic at my grocery store so it makes the process alot easier. These would be good in a viniagrette but I love them straight out of the jar. The hardest part is waiting 3 weeks to try them.