Recipe by mandagirl
This is my dad's recipe. They can be eaten right out of the jar, but they also work well in many recipes.
- 4 cups peeled garlic cloves (approx. 1 lb)
- 1 1⁄2 cups white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring vinegar, water and spices to a boil.
- Add garlic and bring back to a boil.
- Pour into clean, sterilized jars.
- Seal tight and store in cool place.
- Keep sealed for 3 weeks before using to get best flavor.
- * Separating garlic into cloves and soaking them for 2 or 3 hours (or overnight) makes the outer skin easier to remove.