Prep 10 mins
Cook 72 hrs
Yeah yeah, we southerner's will pickle just about anything! THESE DO HAVE TO MARINATE FOR 3 DAYS BEFORE SERVING SO PREPARE ACCORDINGLY!
- 709.77 ml canned black-eyed peas
- 236.59 ml canola oil
- 59.14 ml red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- 59.14 ml onion, thinly sliced
- 2.46 ml salt (or Tony Chachere's if you prefer them hotter)
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- Drain peas.
- In a medium bowl, combine oil, wine vinegar, garic, onion, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Add peas and still well.
- Place in jar and refrigerate for 24 hours. Remove garlic after 1st day.
- Marinate for 2 more days before serving.
- Stores up to 2 weeks.
Great flavor! I did add just a little sugar to my taste. I used green onions and sunflower oil. I only used about half the oil. Thanks!