Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have used this recipe for a few years and its pretty good. You can also use it for that water melon that has no flavor. I did, and it turn out great.
- 2 lbs green beans
- 1⁄4 cup canning salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (you can omit if you want too)
- 4 teaspoons instant minced garlic or 4 garlic cloves
- 4 heads dill, divided
- Trim off ends of beans.
- combine salt, vinegar and Water in large pot.
- Bring to boil.
- Pack beans lengthwise into hot jars, leave 1/4 inch headspace.
- Add 1/4 teaspoons red pepper flakes, 1 clove garlic or 1/4 tsp dry minced garlic, 1 head of dill to each pint jar.
- Ladle in hot liquid into jars.
- Remove air bubbles Hint: (I use a chop stick) put on two-peice caps.
- place in hot water bath.
- process pints for 10 minutes.