Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I am posting this recipe as a request and have never tried this recipe. It's out of the Bernardin Guide to Home Preserving.
- 11 cups prepared baby corn, husked,silk removed and blanched for 3 minutes
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped red peppers
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped green peppers
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped hot green peppers
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 5 cups white vinegar
- 1 2⁄3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 2⁄3 cups water
- 4 teaspoons pickling salt
- Prepare 6 pint jars with lids.
- Combine the red pepper, green pepper, hot green pepper and garlic.
- Toss and set aside.
- Prepare liquid by combining vinegar, sugar, water and pickling salt in a large stainless steel or enamel saucepan.
- Bring to a boil-boil for 5 min.
- Add the corn and return to a boil for 2 min.
- Divide the pepper mixture evenly between each jar, pack the corn in snugly and add boiling liquid leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
Thanks for the post. I was looking all over the net for my grandparents and I found your receipe. Thank you, Thank you. Oofda