1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 10 mins
My sister Cathy gave me this recipe to try - I'm glad I did because it's a keeper. The lemon and herbs give the chicken a delicious flavor and the baking in broth helps to keep the chicken moist. *Allow at least an hour to marinate* Preparation time includes 1 hour for marinating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lemon
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- nonstick cooking spray or oil
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Zest the lemon, mince 2 teaspoons and set aside.
- 2Juice the lemon and reserve 1 tablespoon.
- 3Put the chicken in a dish and sprinkle with garlic, rosemary, and thyme.
- 4Whisk together lemon juice and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Pour over chicken, cover and marinate at room temperature for 1 hour or refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- 5Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 6Ligtly spray or oil a 9X13 inch baking dish.
- 7Place the chicken in the dish and pour the chicken broth around it.
- 8Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 9Bake for 20 minutes.
- 10While chicken is baking, combine bread crumbs, parsley, thyme, capers, and lemon zest. Drizzle with olive oil and toss until the crumbs have absorbed the oil.
- 11Remove baking dish from oven.
- 12Drain broth into a small saucepan and save to use later.
- 13Spoon the topping evenly over the chicken and continue baking for 20 minutes or until just cooked through.
- 14If topping needs more browning, place under hot broiler until browned.
- 15Boil the reserved broth until reduced to about 3 tablespoons.
- 16Transfer chicken to plates and drizzle a little of the reduced broth around it.
- 17Serve immediately and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Piccata Chicken Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.6
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 354.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 29.4 g